Mr. Grant has successfully represented clients in a wide range of civil cases, including motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, construction claims, civil rights, wrongful death, governmental liability, and products liability. He has tried over fifty cases to verdict in the courts of New York and Connecticut, and has participated in various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration in complex matters involving 7-figure exposure. He has also handled numerous appeals to New York and Connecticut’s appellate courts and to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. For his work, Rick has been recognized as one of the Top 100 trial attorneys and litigators by the National Trial Lawyers and the American Society of Legal Advocates.
- New York, 1996
- Connecticut, 1996
- United States Court of Appeals (2nd Cir.) 2007, renewed 2019
- United States District Court (SDNY) 2019
- United States District Court (Dist. Conn.) 1999
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, J.D. 1995
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, B.A. English, Russian 1991