Queens Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Representing TBI Victims & Their Loved Ones Throughout New York
A traumatic brain injury is a serious, catastrophic injury that has the potential to affect nearly every aspect of a person’s life. While TBIs range in severity, there is really no such thing as a “mild” brain injury; all TBIs are serious and should be promptly treated by a qualified medical professional. Often, these injuries require extensive medical care, and victims may be temporarily or permanently unable to return to work. They may even struggle with once-normal tasks, like driving, reading, speaking, or getting dressed.
At Davidoff Law, we understand the immense impact TBIs have, both on victims and their loved ones. Our Queens traumatic brain injury attorneys have extensive experience advocating for victims of severe, life-altering injuries; we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients over the years, and we are ready to fight for you and your recovery, too.
What Are the Different Types of Brain Injuries?
There are several different types of traumatic brain injuries, ranging from less-severe to very severe. Remember: all suspected or confirmed brain injuries should be treated by a medical professional. If you believe you or your loved one may have suffered a TBI, seek medical attention right away.
Some of the most common types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions: Concussions are very common, but they can still have serious, lasting effects. Concussions are caused by blows to the head, either from a moving object colliding with the head or the head hitting a stationary object (including the floor). Concussions typically result in temporary effects, such as confusion or disorientation and headaches, but in some cases, they can have lasting effects. This is especially true when a person suffers multiple concussions.
- Contusion: A contusion is essentially a bruise that forms on the brain due to a blow to the head. The impact can cause blood vessels to burst, leading to bleeding in the brain. Brain contusions often accompany other TBIs, such as concussions.
- Coup-Contrecoup Injury: This type of brain injury occurs when the force of an impact is so great, it causes the brain to hit the inside of the opposing side of the skull. When this happens, the victim will suffer two injuries: one at the point of impact and one on the opposing side where the brain slams into the skull. Coup-contrecoup injuries often result in contusions, bleeding on the brain, and damaged brain tissue/cells.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: A diffuse axonal brain injury occurs when violent force causes the head and neck to move forward and backward or twist side to side, resulting in tears in the brain stem. This causes tears and disruptions in the connections between brain cells. Diffuse axonal injuries are common in motor vehicle accidents in which victims come to a very sudden stop or when there is rotational movement of the head.
- Cranial Fractures: Cranial fractures, or fractures of the skull, can lead to brain damage if pieces of the skull pierce the brain or when infection sets in. Cranial fractures are commonly the result of traumatic events, such as motor vehicle accidents and falls.
- Penetrating Injury: A penetrating brain injury occurs when an outside object passes through the skull and enters the brain. Penetrating brain injuries are some of the most devastating TBIs, leading to severe hemorrhaging, permanent and irreversible brain damage, and death in many cases.
This is not a complete list of brain injuries; if you have suffered any type of brain injury due to the negligence of another person or party, seek immediate medical attention. Then, contact a Queens TBI attorney at our firm to learn more about your legal rights.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
While open-head injuries are easily detectable, closed-head injuries are not as easy to spot. It’s important that you are aware of the signs of a brain injury so that you can seek immediate medical attention.
Some of the most common symptoms of a TBI include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Changes in sleep (insomnia or oversleeping)
- Memory loss
- Difficulty speaking
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurred vision
- Light/sound sensitivity
- Trouble concentrating
- Changes in mood, behavior, or personality
If you or a loved one suffered a blow to the head or any type of serious injury/accident, and you are noticing any brain injury symptoms, seek medical help right away.
Contact Davidoff Law Today
Brain injuries have serious, lasting effects on victims and their families. Our Queens traumatic brain injury attorneys can help you seek fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We are available to answer your questions and guide you through the entire legal process.
Wrongful Death from Motor Vehicle Accident $10,018,876
Settlement for a wrongful death resulting from a motor vehicle accident.
Pedestrian Accident Involving a School Bus $1,950,000
75-year-old woman crossing the street when struck by a school bus, sustaining a fractured skull with associated traumatic brain injury.
MVA - Rear End Collision $1.6 Million
A 48-year-old hairdresser involved in MVA was rear-ended by a pizza delivery man.
Motor Vehicle Accident from a Rear-End Collision $1,375,000
47-year-old warehouse worker involved in a rear-end collision. He suffered neck and back injuries requiring disc fusion surgery to his lower back.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Lower Back Injury $1,350,000
37-year-old woman, a homemaker, sustained a serious injury while driving her child from school. Among other injuries, she suffered an injury to her lower back, requiring surgery involving a discectomy with fusion.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision $1,250,000
A 42-year-old construction worker was involved in rear-end collision in the Bronx. Among other injuries, he suffered neck, shoulder and back injuries, requiring multiple surgeries. The case has been resolved at the time of trial.
Pedestrian Accident While Crossing the Street $1,250,000
A 71-year-old woman, a secretary, was crossing the street when she was hit by a car. She sustained multiple injuries, including a fractured leg, requiring several surgeries. The case has been resolved during the discovery stage.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision $1,100,000
A 71-year-old retired female involved in a rear-end collision. She sustained traumatic injuries to both shoulders and neck which necessitated disc fusion.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Neck & Back Injury $1,000,000
A 37-year-old stay-at-home mother/wife sustained a severe injury to her neck and back.
Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Parked Car $1,000,000
The Highest Verdict in the State of New York obtained in a Summary Jury Trial. A 68-year-old male was loading groceries inside his parked vehicle when another vehicle collided with his car. Subsequently, the claimant required two procedures to repair his disabled left shoulder.
Very professional and kind.- Derek
I would refer Mr. Davidoff to someone in a heartbeat...- Eddie
The firm handled my process and my issues professionally.- Adelya
They work hard to get you what you deserve.- Lorrine
Informative, helpful and very understanding people.- Ardens
Experience on Your Side
We leverage decades of experience to fight for the full compensation that you deserve after an accident.
Focused on Personal Injury
Our commitment to personal injury law allows us to stay informed on changes that can impact your case.
Our attorneys work closely with each client, following up on medical appointments and staying involved every step of the way.
Our lawyers abide by a standard of ethics in service of our clients’ safety and satisfaction.
We are here to guide you through the legal process & provide you with legal solutions tailored to your case.
Available & Accessible
We dedicate time to each and every client and are committed to being there for you when you need us.