About Your Car

We know that you need your car. And now that it’s damaged and you can’t drive it, how will you get where you need to be? Dealing with damage to your car can be a big headache after an accident, particularly if you only have one car in the family, or you don’t have enough money to get a new car or your insurance doesn’t cover the full value of your damaged car. On top of that, if your car is the means by which you get to work, you may be missing work and risk losing your job because you don’t have a way to get there. What do you do? At The Law Firm of Davidoff & Associates, our attorneys can advise you on what you need to do to get back on the road as soon as possible.

Damage to your car is treated as a property damage claim, which is a different kind of law than personal injury law. Most personal injury law firms won’t also handle the property damage claim, but we offer this service as a courtesy to our clients.

How Will I Get Around?

While you’re getting car repairs after an accident, the insurance company will pay a set rate for you to use a rental car. If you want to drive a car that is more expensive than the daily insurance rate allows, you will have to pay the difference.

Who Pays For Repairs?

This depends on who is deemed to have been at fault for your car accident. If you were at fault, your insurance will have to pay for the damage. The good news about this situation is that because there won’t be a second insurance company conducting an investigation, your car may be repaired more quickly. If the other driver was at fault, you can still have your own insurance pay for the damage if you have collision coverage. Your rates will not go up if you use your own insurance; using your own insurance may also be necessary if the at-fault driver had no insurance or inadequate insurance. If you use the at-fault driver’s insurance to pay the claim, you will still have to pay for the deductible at the body shop. You will get it back when the insurance company pays the claim. But this could take a while.

One Call Can Help You Get Back On The Road

After an accident, medical bills aren’t your only concern. When you need to get around and your car is out of commission, give our Forest Hills, Queens, law firm a call at 718-268-8800 local or 888-499-3887 toll free to find out how you can regain your freedom and your ability to get to work. You can also schedule your free initial consultation with one of our lawyers by using our online contact form.