Our experienced attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for injured people throughout Queens and New York, all while treating every client like a member of the family.
$10 Million Wrongful Death from Motor Vehicle Accident
$2.3 Million Student Riding Motor Scooter
$2 Million Pedestrian Accident Involving a School Bus
$1.6 Million MVA - Rear End Collision
$1.5 Million Motor Vehicle Accident
$1.4 Million Slip & Fall Accident
$1.4 Million Motor Vehicle Accident from a Rear-End Collision
$1.4 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Lower Back Injury
$1.3 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision
$1.3 Million Pedestrian Accident While Crossing the Street
$1.2 Million Motor Vehicle Accident - Rear-End Collision
$1.1 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision
$1 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Parked Car
$1 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Neck & Back Injury
$975 Thousand Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Cab Driver
$960 Thousand Truck Accident Back Injuries
$925 Thousand Truck Accident – Rear-End Collision
$900 Thousand Pedestrian Accident While Crossing the Street
$820 Thousand Motor Vehicle Accident, Rear-End Collision
$750 Thousand Motor Vehicle Accident While Stopped at a Traffic Light
Proudly Protecting the Rights of New Yorkers
After being in an accident that was not your fault, you will be confronted with a variety of issues, questions, and concerns. You might know that you are owed compensation from the party that hurt you, but you might not know how to begin the legal process to demand it. Do not spend another day guessing what you should be doing or not taking any action at all. Come to Davidoff Law in New York City instead.
When you work with our New York City personal injury attorneys, you will feel much of the stress of the situation come off your shoulders. We can manage all facets of your case from start to finish, so you do not need to worry about a thing. All you have to do is bring your case to our desks before focusing on your rest and comfortable recovery, just like you deserve.
Find out how we can help with your injury claim. Dial (888) 211-1116 now.
Different Personal Injury Cases We Accept
Davidoff Law has an eclectic team of New York City personal injury lawyers. We have taken the time to become highly familiar with all sorts of different personal injury case types, especially those that occur the most frequently. As a potential client, you do not have to worry about whether or not we have the know-how needed to work on your case. Thanks to our backgrounds and collective legal knowledge, you can trust that we will be able to handle anything that comes your way. Even if a major insurance company represents the opposing party, we will be ready to protect your best interests to the end.
Many of our clients come to our firm for help with these case types and more:
- Car accidents: Auto accidents are one of the most common causes of preventable injuries in New York, including here in New York City. If you were hit by a distracted, drunk, or reckless driver on the streets of NYC, let our law firm know right away. We can help you explore your legal options, such as using personal injury protection (PIP) insurance provided by your auto insurance company.
- Truck accidents: Commercial truck accidents are usually devastating because the truck is so much larger and heavier than the other involved vehicle. We can help manage your claim and pursue the most compensation, which could be significant if your injuries are catastrophic or permanent.
- Motorcycle accidents: Were you riding your motorcycle when a motorist ran into you or chased you off the road? You deserve compensation to get you back on your feet without draining your bank account. Allow us to manage your claim, so you can take care of yourself and your health without getting bogged down in legal procedures.
- Slip and fall accidents: A slip and fall accident might not seem like a big deal at first, but such accidents are actually extremely dangerous, especially to elders and people with preexisting injuries. We can research your slip and fall accident to see who is liable for it. Oftentimes, the owner of the property on which the accident occurred is liable. For example, we can file against a retail store, commercial property manager, or even your neighbor.
- Catastrophic injuries: Life-changing injuries will call for a life-changing amount of compensation but securing that amount will not be easy. Insurance companies do not like to pay large amounts to claimants. If you were catastrophically injured – such as a brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, etc. – then you should prepare for a tough fight against an opposition that does not want your case to succeed by any means.
- Wrongful death claims: After losing a loved one in an accident, you might feel paralyzed with grief. It is important that you take the time to grieve and heal. You also need to consider starting a wrongful death claim if you want justice and fair compensation. We can take care of your wrongful death claim, so you do not feel even more overwhelmed.
You deserve justice and a sense of closure after being in a bad accident that left you or a loved one seriously injured. You also deserve fair compensation to help you get back on your feet and avoid a financial downfall directly caused by the aftermath of your injury. Indeed, the objective of a personal injury case is to make sure that you get financially compensated first and foremost. The other benefits of a successful claim usually come naturally after the compensation is secured.
When our New York City personal injury attorneys are on the job, you can depend on us to fully calculate the damages that you should be provided by the liable party or defendant. If the extent of your damages and losses are too much for a single insurance policy held by the defendant, then we can look into filing against more than one policy, which is made easier thanks to our extensive practice experience. We are known by clients and other law firms alike as a legal team that does not slow down until every last penny owed is secured, either through a settlement or a court award.
- Medical bills: Oftentimes, in a personal injury claim, the most significant economic damage owed to the claimant relates to their medical costs. Everything from emergency medical attention and hospitalization to specialized surgeries and prescription medications should be paid for by the liable party and their insurance, not the claimant. Importantly, your future medical costs should be covered, not just those that you have already incurred.
- Lost wages: Did you lose weeks or months of work because your injuries kept you from clocking in? In your personal injury claim, we can pursue damages related to the wages that you never earned. Even if you received partial wages through disability benefits, you can seek whatever has not been provided. We can also sue for the future income you cannot earn due to a lasting disability that has changed the trajectory of your career.
- Permanent disabilities: The majority of injury cases we handle deal with clients with permanent or life-changing injuries. If you suffered a severe injury that caused a permanent disability, then you can seek additional damages related to the hardships and costs caused specifically by that disability. For example, if you need to install a motorized lift along your home’s staircase, then the liable party should pay for it.
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering you have endured due to your injuries can be translated into a financial award in a personal injury claim in New York. When such abstract concepts are turned into a monetary recovery, it is called non-economic damage. It is not unusual for non-economic damages to exceed the total of economic damages in a serious injury claim.
Ways Our Attorneys Can Help You
Davidoff Law is known by our clients not just strong legal allies but also as genuine moral supporters and friends. During the difficult days that follow an accident, there will be so much on your plate. It would be our honor to help relieve your burden by taking care of every step that needs to happen for your claim to advance. We do mean every step, too. If you want, you can leave your entire claim up to our team from start to finish.
To name a few of the ways that we can help build your case:
- Investigation: Every strong personal injury claim begins with an equally strong investigation into the circumstances of the accident and its outcome. With decades of collective legal experience, we know how to investigate even the most intricate cases.
- Evidence analysis: Once evidence is found through our investigation, we next need to find the best way to use it. Carefully analyzing the available evidence will allow us to poise it correctly in your case to do the most damage to the opposition’s arguments. It might be possible to convince the opposition to settle early if they know that our evidence will be too much to overcome.
- Third-party assistance: Another great way that we can bolster your claim’s validity is to turn to a third-party expert for assistance. For example, we can work with medical experts who can testify to the severity of your injuries and how they will impact you for the rest of your life, even in minor ways.
- Filing a claim: Upon completing the first stages of your claim, it is time for our team to file it on your behalf. We can identify the correct defendants and relevant insurance policies and file your case at the correct court. All the while, you can continue to focus on your health and rest.
- Negotiating a settlement: As mentioned, if your claim is well-organized and backed by a professional team of attorneys like ours, then the liable party and their insurer might realize early that they will lose if it goes to court. In such a situation, negotiating a settlement in a conference room might be possible. We will not make you sign any settlement offer that you do not believe is fair or enough. We are here to make sure you get the right amount.
- Litigating in court: Sometimes, insurance companies do not want to admit that their policyholder did anything wrong – and they are willing to go to court for it. The good news for you is that we are willing to litigate as well if that is what must be done. A trial does not scare off our attorneys.
Want to know what your claim might be valued? Dial (888) 211-1116 today.
Contact Our Firm at Your Next Opportunity
Your future recovery after an accident is so important. Do not leave it up to chance by trying to take on your personal injury claim alone. You should also not gamble on a firm with minimal experience or that does not take your case seriously. Make sure you depend on people who genuinely care about you, like the New York City personal injury attorneys from the Law Firm of Davidoff & Associates. We are proud to call ourselves New Yorkers, and that means standing up for our neighbors and community members when they’re bullied by insurance companies. Let us fight for you!
Contact us online and ask for an initial consultation today.
What do I do if the insurance company tells me not to hire a lawyer?Beware of speaking with an insurance company after an accident, especially the insurer representing the party that hurt you. It will try to get you to drop your claim. It might even tell you not to hire an attorney. Do not listen to the insurance company’s tactics. You should not even talk to the other insurance company without first talking with a lawyer. The only reason it might tell you not to hire an attorney is that it knows it will most likely owe you even more money if you let a personal injury attorney manage your case.
What is negligence in personal injury law?If you want to get compensation from a liable party after an accident, then you have to be prepared to prove that their negligence caused your injury. What is negligence in legal terms, though? In summary, negligence is an act – or the lack of an act – that someone takes that a reasonable person would not have done in the same situation. For example, a drunk driver is negligent because a reasonable person knows not to drink and drive.
Will my claim go to court?Most people who file a personal injury claim get understandably worried about if they will have to go to court to fight for the compensation owed to them. What you might not know is that most personal injury claims can settle before litigating. Insurance companies know that trials can be expensive, especially when lost. If your claim is well-built, then we can put more pressure on the insurer to give you a fair settlement offer by reminding them that they will not do well in a trial if it comes down to it.
How is pain and suffering calculated as damage?In a personal injury claim, economic damages take the form of tangible costs like medical bills, lost wages, and destroyed property. To calculate non-economic damages like pain and suffering, one system that insurance companies and plaintiff attorneys use is to total all economic damages and multiply them. The amount of multiplication is based on what seems fair and reasonable based on the extent of the injuries.
Can you file a personal injury claim after a car accident in New York?In New York, drivers are required to carry current personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. After a crash, a driver will file against their own auto insurance provider using PIP insurance through a first-party claim. Typically, you can only file an injury claim against the other driver if you were “severely injured” as defined and recognized under New York’s liability laws. Our attorneys can help determine if your injury is severe enough to justify a third-party claim after a car accident.
How much time do I have to file a personal injury claim in New York?New York state has a three-year statute of limitations on most personal injury claims. What this means is that you have three years from the date of your injury to bring a claim against the liable party. If you do not file a claim in this timeline, then the court will dismiss any case you file afterward, except for in extremely rare situations. The three-year statute of limitations can sometimes begin when the injury is first diagnosed or should have been reasonably noticed, such as if you suffered a brain injury in a car accident but its symptoms did not begin showing until a month or more had passed.
“Very convenient and considerate. Fast and reliable results.” - Anna
“Special thanks to Karishma who is extremely helpful and patient in answering my questions each time I call. Would definitely recommend with no hesitation!” - Ashley