Queens Workers' Compensation Attorneys
Fighting for Injured Workers
Davidoff Law is pleased to announce its new partnership, on a limited basis, with Aronova & Associates, a top-tier law firm that specializes in workers' compensation. Together, the two firms will offer exceptional legal representation to injured workers seeking compensation. Together, they will provide expert legal representation to injured workers seeking compensation for their injuries. Aronova & Associates brings extensive experience in workers' compensation, including cases involving workplace accidents and occupational illnesses. By partnering with Aronova & Associates, Davidoff Law aims to expand its reach in helping injured workers navigate the complexities of the workers' compensation system and obtain the compensation they deserve. This partnership reflects the commitment of both firms to advocating for the rights of injured workers and achieving the best possible outcomes for their clients.
If you've been injured on the job, you might be entitled to workers' compensation benefits that can help cover your medical expenses and lost wages. Unfortunately, not all employers and insurance companies are willing to provide the support you deserve, even when it says right in an insurance policy contract that you should be covered. That's where Davidoff Law can step in. Our experienced workers' compensation attorneys in Queens, NY are dedicated to representing injured workers and their families in their fight for fair compensation and benefits. We understand how overwhelming the process can be, whether you need to file a claim or challenge a denial, which is why we're here to guide you every step of the way.
Let us help you receive fair benefits. Call (888) 211-1116 now.
New York Workers’ Comp Requirements
New York law requires most employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Even if an employer just has one employee, then it is required that the employer purchases workers’ comp insurance to cover that employee in case of an accident or injury.
Certain exemptions to workers’ comp coverage requirements include:
- Most workers categorized as independent contractors.
- Most unpaid workers for non-profit organizations.
- Most religious workers like clergy members.
- Most agricultural workers who are related to the property or business owner.
- Some workers employed by the federal government.
- Some yard work professionals who only work for a single family or residence.
To see if you should be covered by workers’ compensation, connect with Davidoff Law. Using our years of experience, we can quickly determine your eligibility and what to do next if you should be given worker’s comp.
What Does Workers’ Comp Do?
Workers' compensation is a form of insurance that provides benefits to employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their work or while performing work-related duties. The benefits of workers’ compensation can cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs related to a work-related injury or illness. The insurance benefits employers as much as employees because it prevents lawsuits from being filed against an employer for negligence that causes a workplace injury, except for rare situations.
Importantly, workers’ compensation does not consider liability when awarding benefits. In other words, you can admit to causing your workplace accident due to a mistake and still be fully eligible for benefits.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits in New York
Workers' compensation in New York provides several benefits to employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their work. The benefits available to you will be unique to your case and your coverage, though.
Usually, an injured worker can use these main workers’ compensation benefits:
- Wage replacement benefits: These benefits help offset the loss of income that can result from time away from work due to an injury or illness. In New York, wage replacement benefits typically equal two-thirds of an employee's average weekly wage, up to a maximum amount set by law.
- Medical coverage: Workers' compensation in New York also covers medical expenses related to the injury or illness. This can include doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription medications, and other necessary medical treatments.
- Vocational retraining: If an injured worker is unable to return to their previous job due to their injury or illness, workers' compensation may also provide vocational retraining benefits to help them learn new skills and find new employment or start a new role within the same company.
Overall, workers' compensation provides important protection and support for employees who have suffered a workplace injury or illness. It can help ensure that they can heal as quickly as possible, so they can return to work without unnecessary delays.
Can Workers’ Comp Be Denied?
If your workers' compensation claim has been denied in New York, you have the right to challenge that decision through a legal process. Our Queens workers’ compensation attorneys can help you start a claim or challenge a denial, whichever needs to be done to get you the help you need after a workplace accident.
In a workers’ comp denial case, you can expect these usual steps or procedures:
- Understand the reason for denial: Before contesting a claim, it's important to understand why it was denied in the first place. Common reasons for denial can include missing deadlines, insufficient medical evidence, or improper filing.
- File a claim with the Workers' Compensation Board: To contest a denied claim, we can file a claim with the Workers' Compensation Board.
- Attend a hearing: Once you file your claim, a hearing will be scheduled where all parties involved will present their case. It's highly recommended to have an experienced workers' compensation lawyer represent you in this hearing.
- Present evidence: In the hearing you can present evidence, including medical reports, documents, and testimony to support your claim.
- Wait for the decision: After the hearing, a judge will review the evidence and make a decision. This decision can include approving the original claim, denying the claim again, or granting partial benefits.
- File an appeal: If you disagree with the decision, you have the right to file an appeal within a specified amount of time to a higher board or court.
Speak to Our Attorneys – Call Now
Our Queens workers’ compensation attorneys understand the challenges and stress that come with the workers' compensation process. Let us guide you through the process and fight for the benefits and compensation you need and could be owed. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced workers' compensation attorneys. We look forward to helping you.
Our Results Speak for Themselves
Millions Recovered for Our Clients
$10 Million Wrongful Death from Motor Vehicle Accident
$2.3 Million Student Riding Motor Scooter
$2 Million Pedestrian Accident Involving a School Bus
$1.6 Million MVA - Rear End Collision
$1.5 Million Motor Vehicle Accident
$1.4 Million Slip & Fall Accident
$1.4 Million Motor Vehicle Accident from a Rear-End Collision
$1.4 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Lower Back Injury
$1.3 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision
$1.3 Million Pedestrian Accident While Crossing the Street
$1.2 Million Motor Vehicle Accident - Rear-End Collision
$1.1 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision
$1 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Parked Car
$1 Million Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Neck & Back Injury
$975 Thousand Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Cab Driver
$960 Thousand Truck Accident Back Injuries
$925 Thousand Truck Accident – Rear-End Collision
$900 Thousand Pedestrian Accident While Crossing the Street
$820 Thousand Motor Vehicle Accident, Rear-End Collision
$750 Thousand Motor Vehicle Accident While Stopped at a Traffic Light
Treating Clients Like Family
When you hire Davidoff Law, it's like having an attorney in the family. That is because we treat each and every one of our clients like members of our family. Throughout our years of experience, we've build strong bonds with members of our community and amassed an ever-growing list of success stories from clients right here in the neighborhood.
“I strongly recommend Davidoff Law.” - Delroy
“Mr. Davidoff was knowledgeable, humble and understanding. I would recommend his services to anyone who needs proper guidance at such difficult times.” - Michael
Experience on Your Side
Focused on Personal Injury
Available & Accessible