HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR DRIVERS AND TRICK-OR-TREATERS
Keeping Your Family Safe This Halloween
Whether you spend Halloween night watching scary movies with friends or trick-or-treating with your kids, holiday safety should be a priority for all individuals. Therefore, it's crucial to understand the shared responsibility between both motorists and pedestrians on this night.
Table of Contents
Here's what you can do to help ensure everyone gets home safely.
Tips For Drivers
Because Halloween is so infamous for the influx of pedestrian traffic, motorists must be aware of their surroundings and proceed with caution at all times. Here's how you can manage the roadway:
- Decrease your speed in pedestrian areas and watch for children to dart between cars.
- Limit your distractions behind the wheel, including electronic devices and loud music.
- Scan the surrounding areas periodically to check for pedestrians.
- Always yield to pedestrians in designated crosswalks and intersections.
It's also important to remember that DUI laws still apply during holidays, and drivers should never get behind the wheel if under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Tips For Trick-Or-Treating Families
Families heading out for trick-or-treating or neighborhood activities should also do their part to improve the safety of this day. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Remind children to stay on the sidewalk unless accompanied by an adult.
- Find ways to increase your visibility to drivers, like wearing bright colors or reflective items, and always make eye contact with a driver when crossing the street.
- Plan your route ahead of time, so everyone in your group knows where to meet in case of emergencies.
- Avoid trick-or-treating in areas you are unfamiliar with or that don't have adequate lighting.
No matter how you're spending this holiday, Davidoff Law wishes you and your loved ones a safe and fun Halloween.
Queens Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Forest Hills is notable for many reasons, one of which being that it's a popular spot for trick-or-treating. This Halloween, do your part in ensuring the safety of all individuals using the roadways.
Your right to get home safely should never be questioned, and our pedestrian accident attorneys at Davidoff Law want to help you hold negligent individuals accountable for the injuries they cause. If you need legal representation for an injury claim, call (888) 211-1116 to speak with a member of our team.