WHAT RULES DO I HAVE TO FOLLOW ON A REVEL MOPED?
Electric moped sharing companies have become an extremely popular form of transportation in NYC. Revel Transit is one such company that has been providing New Yorkers with a convenient form of electric travel since it first launched in 2018. However, several deaths and other accidents related to Revel mopeds have many questioning what safety measures are in place.
Below, we discuss some of the rules you must follow when riding these electric vehicles.
Safety Requirements And Rules To Follow On A Revel Moped
According to Revel, their mopeds top out at 29 or 30 mph, which means that they can’t be taken on major bridges or on highways. Additionally, the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) categories mopeds as Class A, B, or C based on top speed.
Each class comes with specific requirements and restrictions—for instance, Revel mopeds would be categorized at Class B since they fit the category of reaching top speeds between 20 and 30 mph. Those who operate Class B mopeds do not have to have a specific license, but they can only be operated in the right hand lane of the road or along the shoulder. Other rules that you must follow on a Revel moped include:
- Wear a Helmet. All Revel mopeds come with helmets. Not only will these potentially save your life, but it is legally required that you wear one.
- Have a Driver’s License. While you don’t need a specific moped license to ride one of these devices, you are required to have a regular driver’s license.
- Be at Least 21 Years Old. You must be at least 21 years old to use a Revel moped.
- Park Legally. You must park in a legal parking spot for 24 hours when you have a Revel moped reserved in your name. If you get a parking ticket, you are responsible for paying it yourself.
- Follow the Rules of the Road. Revel mopeds are only allowed to ride where cars can, which means you may not ride on the sidewalk, in a bike lane, or through a park.
Injured Due To Revel Moped?
Whether you’ve been injured while riding a Revel moped or you were involved in a collision with one as a pedestrian, you should not hesitate to retain the services of a seasoned personal injury attorney who can ensure your rights to compensation are protected. The legal team at Davidoff Law is prepared to handle your case from start to finish.
We have extensive experience representing those injured in Queens and across all boroughs of NYC and, most recently, have helped our clients obtain successful outcomes after being injured in accidents involving Revel mopeds, Citi Bikes, and other electric bike and moped sharing companies. Let us build a solid case on your behalf so you can focus on recovering.