New York Truck Accident Lawyers
Standing Up to Nationwide Trucking Companies
There is rarely such a thing as a “minor” truck accident. The sheer size and weight of an average commercial truck are dramatically larger than an average passenger vehicle. Even in a low-speed collision, this huge difference creates an imbalance of force, and the smaller vehicle will be devastated.
If you were hit by a truck but now an insurance company is not taking your claim seriously, then it is time to get The Law Firm of Davidoff & Associates in New York on your side. Our law firm has the experience and insight required to challenge nationwide trucking companies and the major insurance companies that usually protect them from liability. While you take care of yourself, we can take care of every aspect of your case.
We can help by:
- Investigating the circumstances of your truck accident.
- Finding and using important evidence of liability.
- Calculating your damages.
- Filing a claim and answering replies.
- Negotiating for a settlement.
- Litigating in court on your behalf.
Request a free consultation by dialing (888) 211-1116 now.
How Truck Accidents Happen
Behind every truck accident is some form of negligence or recklessness. It is a question of what type of negligence and who conducted it, though. With us leading the way during your case, you can be confident that we will figure out just what happened, who did it, and how it could have been avoided with more care.
Four common causes of truck accidents include:
- Exhaustion: Truck drivers can be scheduled for 14 hours in a single shift, with only 3 of those hours taken as a break. As a result of these egregiously long shifts, many truck drivers work while completely exhausted, which naturally increases the risk of a truck accident.
- Impairment: To combat exhaustion, some truck drivers will use stimulant medications to keep themselves awake. This plan is not safe or effective, though. Stimulants cause unsafe side effects like the inability to concentrate. Also, once a stimulant wears off, the exhaustion that it delayed will come back even worse than before.
- Speeding: Most truck drivers are not paid by the hour. Instead, they are paid by the mile driven or route completed. To try to finish a route faster and avoid exhaustion, some truck drivers break posted speed limits, putting themselves and other motorists in danger.
- Unsafe cargo: Poorly loaded cargo can be the direct cause of a truck accident. For example, if a trailer is overloaded and top-heavy, then it can cause the truck to tip over during sharp turns or amid strong gusts of winds.
Catastrophic Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
As mentioned, the average truck accident has the potential to cause life-changing injuries in an instant. We focus our practice on cases brought by catastrophically injured clients, as well as the family members of people who passed away in a crash. If the stakes are high, then trust in our firm to handle things.
Examples of catastrophic injuries caused by truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A head or brain injury will often cause permanent disabilities and complications, like memory issues, speech impediments, etc. Special treatments and care might be necessary for years.
- Spinal cord injury: A violent truck accident can cause the victim to suffer a back injury, which might be as severe as damage to the spinal cord. Spinal cord injuries can cause immediate and permanent paralysis.
- Amputation: Severe damage to a limb can result in an amputation, medical or otherwise. Prosthetics can help regain some dexterity or mobility, but the patient’s life will never be quite the same again.
- Multiple broken bones: When a bone is broken, it needs to be set correctly and given time to heal. If a bone fracture does not heal properly, then it could cause lifelong complications and be considered a “catastrophic” injury.
- Permanent disfigurements: Scarring and disfigurements in visible places like the face or neck can be considered life-changing. The victim might become self-conscious of their appearance and experience a lessened enjoyment of life as a result.
Send Your Case with Confidence – Call Now
Protecting your future wellbeing and finances is the top priority when you bring your case to our New York truck accident attorneys. Your case could be in for a tough fight if the insurance company does not want to admit that the truck driver did anything wrong, which is the norm. Prepare for the worst by putting The Law Firm of Davidoff & Associates in charge, and you will feel the stress of the situation disappear right away.
Call (888) 211-1116 to learn more about starting and filing a truck accident claim.
Truck Accident FAQ
Can multiple parties be liable for a truck accident?
Yes, it is not uncommon for there to be multiple defendants in a truck accident claim. You might be able to file against insurance policies held by the truck driver and the trucking company that employed them, for example.
What is the most common type of truck accident?
Rear-end collisions are among the most common types of truck accidents. Such a crash can happen if a truck driver is speeding, falls asleep at the wheel, or experiences a brake failure due to a part defect.
What is a jackknife accident?
When a tractor-trailer buckles at the trailer hinge and folds during a crash, it is called a jackknife accident because the truck looks like a folding knife at the end. Jackknife accidents are extremely dangerous because the trailer swings into adjacent lanes, potentially striking many vehicles at once.
Is it expensive to hire a truck accident lawyer?
No, hiring a truck accident lawyer is not expensive when you choose our law firm. We offer contingency fee agreements that do not require you to pay any attorney fees unless we end the case in your favor, such as through a positive settlement or award.
Wrongful Death from Motor Vehicle Accident $10,018,876
Settlement for a wrongful death resulting from a motor vehicle accident.
Pedestrian Accident Involving a School Bus $1,950,000
75-year-old woman crossing the street when struck by a school bus, sustaining a fractured skull with associated traumatic brain injury.
MVA - Rear End Collision $1.6 Million
A 48-year-old hairdresser involved in MVA was rear-ended by a pizza delivery man.
Motor Vehicle Accident from a Rear-End Collision $1,375,000
47-year-old warehouse worker involved in a rear-end collision. He suffered neck and back injuries requiring disc fusion surgery to his lower back.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Lower Back Injury $1,350,000
37-year-old woman, a homemaker, sustained a serious injury while driving her child from school. Among other injuries, she suffered an injury to her lower back, requiring surgery involving a discectomy with fusion.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision $1,250,000
A 42-year-old construction worker was involved in rear-end collision in the Bronx. Among other injuries, he suffered neck, shoulder and back injuries, requiring multiple surgeries. The case has been resolved at the time of trial.
Pedestrian Accident While Crossing the Street $1,250,000
A 71-year-old woman, a secretary, was crossing the street when she was hit by a car. She sustained multiple injuries, including a fractured leg, requiring several surgeries. The case has been resolved during the discovery stage.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting from Rear-End Collision $1,100,000
A 71-year-old retired female involved in a rear-end collision. She sustained traumatic injuries to both shoulders and neck which necessitated disc fusion.
Motor Vehicle Accident Resulting in Neck & Back Injury $1,000,000
A 37-year-old stay-at-home mother/wife sustained a severe injury to her neck and back.
Motor Vehicle Accident Involving a Parked Car $1,000,000
The Highest Verdict in the State of New York obtained in a Summary Jury Trial. A 68-year-old male was loading groceries inside his parked vehicle when another vehicle collided with his car. Subsequently, the claimant required two procedures to repair his disabled left shoulder.
Very professional and kind.- Derek
I would refer Mr. Davidoff to someone in a heartbeat...- Eddie
The firm handled my process and my issues professionally.- Adelya
They work hard to get you what you deserve.- Lorrine
Informative, helpful and very understanding people.- Ardens
Experience on Your Side
We leverage decades of experience to fight for the full compensation that you deserve after an accident.
Focused on Personal Injury
Our commitment to personal injury law allows us to stay informed on changes that can impact your case.
Our attorneys work closely with each client, following up on medical appointments and staying involved every step of the way.
Our lawyers abide by a standard of ethics in service of our clients’ safety and satisfaction.
We are here to guide you through the legal process & provide you with legal solutions tailored to your case.
Available & Accessible
We dedicate time to each and every client and are committed to being there for you when you need us.