We’ve Recovered Millions For Clients In Need
You will feel shaken and confused after being in a car accident, especially if you know you didn’t cause it. To get help making sense of everything and moving ahead, team up with Davidoff Law on Staten Island. We help people just like you with difficult car accident cases. No matter how tough the opposition acts, we know we can stand up to them and pursue the most compensation possible for you!
Table of Contents
Types Of Car Accidents
Our law firm can handle all sorts of car accident claims, including:
- Drunk driving accidents: If you were hit by a drunk driver, you can sue them for your damage. There could be good proof of liability in the criminal evidence used to convict that driver.
- Distracted driving accidents: Drivers who use their smartphones while driving put everyone on the road at risk. Don’t hesitate to file a claim against one if they crashed into you.
- Speeding accidents: Speeding is one of the most common forms of reckless driving. High-speed accidents can cause extreme vehicular damage and lifelong injuries.
- Product defect accidents: Was your car accident caused by a defect with your vehicle? You might be able to file a claim against the automaker or part manufacturer.
What to Do After a Crash
The evidence that you collect after a car accident might be what allows you to win your case. It is important to react quickly after a crash and look for evidence, assuming it is safe to do so.
Let our attorneys know if you did the following after your car accident:
- Called 911: When someone is injured in a car accident, you should call 911. The police need to investigate the scene, and emergency responders can provide on-scene first aid.
- Took photos: The pictures you took with your smartphone could show the clearest evidence of what happened and why you aren’t to blame.
- Talked to eyewitnesses: If someone stopped to see if you were okay, then you should get their contact information. Our attorneys can interview them later to see if they have useful statements that help your case.
- Went to the hospital: A medical record that is date marked the same day as your accident helps prove that it actually happened, not to mention that it is better for your health. Get a medical checkup after a crash, even if you feel okay.
Types Of Compensation
The value of your car accident claim depends on the damages owed to you. We can work carefully to make sure that you get as much compensation as possible from the liable driver.
Your car accident claim might be able to get compensation that pays for:
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Lost wages and lowered income capacity
- Past and future medical treatment costs
- Pain, suffering, and permanent disability
The worse you have been injured, the more your case is likely to be worth. If you were seriously injured, then you should already be talking to an attorney about how to pursue a maximum amount of compensation because the opposing insurance company is probably already figuring out a way to stop your claim.
Dealing with Uninsured Drivers
Were you hit by an uninsured driver? There is still a chance that you can get compensated for your damage. If you have an uninsured motorist (UM) insurance policy, then you can use it to seek damages paid by your auto insurance provider, rather than someone else’s insurer.
When you need to deal with an uninsured driver, you should handle the situation like you would in any other car accident case. You can’t get their insurance information, but you can still get their contact information, as well as full details about their car, including the license plate. You also need to call the police, though, because driving without insurance is illegal. The police might detain the other driver and revoke their license, which will help prevent them from causing the same problems for other people.
How Our Lawyers Can Help You
Dealing with an insurance company is not fun, especially if you’ve been badly injured. Our Staten Island car accident attorneys are here to make sure you don’t have to mess with an insurer. We’ll handle all parts of your case and claim, such as negotiating a settlement out of court or litigating for an award before a judge.