Representing Victims Of Severe, Life-Altering Injuries In Queens & All Of New York
Any injury can result in severe pain and ongoing complications. However, some injuries are so severe, they are considered “catastrophic.” While there is no set definition of a catastrophic injury, injuries that are temporarily or permanently disabling and/or prevent the victim from returning to his or her normal, pre-injury life are generally deemed catastrophic.
If you or your loved one suffered a catastrophic injury, you already know the immense impact these injuries have, both on victims and their loved ones. Catastrophic injuries often require immediate emergency medical attention, as well as ongoing, sometimes lifelong treatment. Victims may need in-home care and assistance; they may be unable to work, drive, or even get dressed on their own.
At Davidoff Law, we fight for catastrophically injured victims and their families in Queens and throughout New York. We understand the unique challenges you are facing, and we know how to work to overcome those challenges on your behalf. Our Queens catastrophic injury attorneys have successfully secured millions of dollars for our clients, both in settlements and verdicts.
Why Hire Us As Your Queens Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
- We are one of the top five law firms in Queens
- We have a proven track record of results
- We treat clients like family
- We provide personal attention and guidance throughout the entire process
- Our attorneys have earned prestigious honors and have been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® and Super Lawyers® Rising Stars lists
- We offer legal services in multiple languages (se habla español)
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
We have discussed the nature of catastrophic injuries, but what specific injuries are typically considered catastrophic?
Generally speaking, the following injuries are often considered to be catastrophic in nature:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of vision
- Shoulder and back injuries
This is not a complete list of catastrophic injuries; any injury that severely or permanently affects the victim’s life could be considered catastrophic.
Catastrophic Injury Victims Have Unique Concerns
In any personal injury claim, victims can seek compensation for their current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, among other damages. The same is true of catastrophic injury victims, but at Davidoff Law, we understand the unique challenges and concerns many catastrophic injury victims have.
Catastrophic injuries will not only have an immense impact on your life right now but will also likely continue to affect your life for months and years to come. The total lifetime cost of these injuries can be immense.
At our firm, we seek full compensation for all of your damages, including but not limited to:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Ambulance/hospital fees
- Ongoing treatment and care
- Rehabilitative therapy (cognitive and/or physical)
- Medical equipment (wheelchairs, prosthetics, etc.)
- Prescription medications
- Pain management treatments/programs
- Lost wages/income
- Lost/reduced earning capacity (disability)
- Lost quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Mental health treatment and therapy
When building your case, our Queens catastrophic injury attorneys gather evidence supporting the true, full cost of your injuries, including both current and future expenses. We also investigate every possible source of compensation in our efforts to recover the maximum possible compensation for you.
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Catastrophic Injuries?
Those who suffer catastrophic injuries will suffer their effects for the rest of their lives. Some of the effects of catastrophic injuries include:
- Disability or permanent loss of function
- Unable to gain meaningful employment
- Needing to remain on medication
- Needing prosthetic devices
- The need for assistive devices, such as walkers and wheelchairs
- The need for care, accommodations, or lifelong assistance
- Long-term scarring and/or disfigurement
A person who suffers a catastrophic injury may never be the same.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one was catastrophically injured in a car accident, truck collision, slip and fall, or any other accident or incident resulting from the negligence of another person or party, turn to the trusted team at Davidoff Law for the sound legal guidance and representation you need. We are ready to put our extensive experience and proven record of results on your side.