We’re Here When The Insurance Company Isn’t
If you are catastrophically injured in an accident, you are going to need as much support as you can get to get back on your feet, metaphorically and literally. The insurance company representing the party that caused your injury, though, won’t be so eager to lend a hand. It will know that your costs of recovery can be significant, so it will do everything it can to avoid paying them.
Table of Contents
Davidoff Law and our Bronx catastrophic injury attorneys have built our careers on fighting insurance companies in cases that really matter. When you are feeling out of luck because an insurance company isn’t taking your catastrophic injury case seriously, we hope you grab the phone and dial (888) 211-1116. Our team is always ready to hear from new and returning clients in difficult situations like yours. With us leading the way, you might be able to get all the compensation owed to you!
Types Of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury can take many forms. The underlying connection among all the forms is that the injury is life-threatening or life-changing. Our firm focuses on catastrophic injury cases like yours because we have the experience, resources, and knowledge necessary to challenge major insurance corporations that try to disrespect and deny such claims.
Examples of catastrophic injury cases we can handle include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is life-changing in all situations. A slight amount of harm to the brain can cause massive health disruptions and day-to-day complications, depending on what part of the brain is injured. Many people with a TBI have memory loss issues, speech impediments, learning difficulties, and so on. Various therapies are often required to alleviate some of the worst symptoms.
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that is highly susceptible to harm. Damage to the spinal cord can cause numbness, chronic pain, and, in the worst cases, paralysis. The extent of the paralysis will depend on what part of the spinal cord was injured. If it is injured near the neck or along the cervical spine, the injury can cause quadriplegia or full-body paralysis, which is usually incurable. As with a TBI, spinal cord injury cases are typically accompanied by extensive and lifelong physical therapy sessions.
- Third-degree burns: Burn injuries are categorized into degrees of severity. Third-degree burns can cause permanent scarring and life-threatening complications, so they are considered catastrophic injuries. Second-degree burns are serious enough to warrant a personal injury claim, but they are typically not considered catastrophic unless the scarring is in a visible area like the face, neck, or forearms.
- Amputations: Losing a limb in an accident is immediately life-changing. Modern prosthetics have made life much easier for amputees than in the past, but the pain and hardships caused by the injury cannot be overlooked. If you lost an arm, leg, hand, foot, or fingers in an accident, then you should consider filing a lawsuit against the party that caused it.
- Sensory injuries: Blindness and deafness are two forms of sensory injury that are catastrophic due to their permanency and severity. Just the challenge of readjusting to a life without sight or hearing can cause significant mental anguish and emotional trauma, which should be calculated into any compensation you collect from the liable party’s insurer.
Extensive Medical Treatments For Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries often require years and years of medical treatments, therapies, and other forms of specialized care. For example, just mending a broken arm and regaining dexterity in the affected hand can take months of physical therapy. The cost of such care can be massive, especially when considering permanent injuries that will always need some form of routine therapy.
Insurance companies are more likely to fight a catastrophic injury claim than the average injury claim for this reason. Rather than paying hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars owed to an injured claimant, the average insurance company would rather put up a fight and make everyone’s life more difficult.
Learn More About Your Options – Call Us
Are you not looking forward to fighting with an insurance company about your claim? Then don’t! Leave everything up to our highly qualified and experienced Bronx catastrophic injury attorneys. We take pleasure in managing difficult cases and leading them to victories, even when all the odds seem stacked against our clients.